The best paper shredder in India helps in shredding the documents in a faster way and avoids data from falling in the wrong hands so that you can get maximum safety for your organization. A waste paper cutting machine is one of the most efficient systems to safeguard precious data that needed to be kept within the premises of the organization.
Shredding important documents is an important thing to protect your identity. Using the shredding machines minimizes the chances of falling victim to the havoc and hassle of identity theft. These machines offer you exceptional convenience and help to prevent your personal info from leaking into the public.
It is a very important thing to note that, the stolen confidential documents can be disastrous to you. To avoid that you should rely on paper shredders to shred confidential documents at any time anywhere.
After reading this article you will get to know different types of paper shredder, things to consider while buying paper shredder for your office/home. At the end of this article we have also tried to answer some frequently asked questions about paper shredder.
Table of Contents
- Top 10 Best Paper Shredder in India 2021
- 1. Bonsaii 8-Sheet Cross-Cut Paper Shredder, Credit Card & Staples Shredder Machine
- 2.AGARO Stellar 8 Sheets Strip-Cut Paper, CD, and Credit Card Shredder
- 3. SToK 8 Sheets Cross-Cut Paper, CD/DVD, and Credit Card Shredder
- 4. AmazonBasics 8 Sheets Cross-Cut Paper and Credit Card Shredder
- 5. Bambalio 14 Sheets Cross Cut Credit Card/ CD/DVD/Paper Shredder
- 6. GBC Duo Cross-Cut 10 Sheet Paper, CD, Credit Card Shredder
- 7. SWAGGERS Micro Cut 11 to 13 Sheets Heavy Duty Paper/CD/Credit Card Shredder
- 8. DahlePaperSAFE 22022 7-Sheet Paper, Staples, Paper Clips & Credit Cards Shredder
- 9. Niyo Cross Cut 8 sheets Paper, CD Shredder
- 10. GBC Alpha Confetti Cross Cut 5 Sheet Paper and Credit Card Shredder
- Best Paper Shredder Machine Buying Guide 2021
Top 10 Best Paper Shredder in India 2021
1. Bonsaii 8-Sheet Cross-Cut Paper Shredder, Credit Card & Staples Shredder Machine
Binsaii is one of the best paper shredder machines for both home and office use. It is the ideal choice to destroy your unwanted documents. It helps you to shred all your sensitive information of old tax records, bills, etc.
- It is also designed with a convenient small handle for easy moving and a transparent window for the wastebasket.
- You can clean up the paper scraps easily and quickly.
- When the shredder is jammed the manual reverse system can help to clear it out.
- It also comes with the auto start mode and auto shut off mode when it becomes overheat to protect the motor.
- Bonsaii paper shredder designed to cross-cut 8 sheets of papers at a time into 1/5 x 18/25 inches.
- Using it you can shred paper, credit cards, clips, and staples also.
- The wastebasket of this shredder comes with a capacity of 3.5 gallons.
- To increase the system and motor lifetime it comes with overheating and overloading thermal protection.
- You can get 1 year of warranty on this paper shredder machine.
2.AGARO Stellar 8 Sheets Strip-Cut Paper, CD, and Credit Card Shredder
AGARO’s paper shredder is the perfect choice for both home and office use. It can easily destroy the papers and shred all your sensitive information. This waste paper cutting machine was built to last with solid steel cutters.
- It shreds the papers into long strips and is ideal for basic shredding.
- This product comes with the features of 3 minute running time, and an auto shut-off function.
- The overloading function stops the machine when you insert the papers beyond the maximum capacity.
- You can manually reverse with the REV function to clear the paper jam.
- AGARO Stellar was designed to cut 8 sheets of paper at a time into 0.65 cm at a rate of 3 meters per minute.
- This machine lets you shred papers, CDs, DVDs, and credit cards, and no need to remove staples.
- This shredder comes with a wastebasket capacity of 13L and a 1L CD bin.
- The total weight of this paper shredder is 2.8 kg.
- You can get one year of warranty on this AGARO paper shredder.
3. SToK 8 Sheets Cross-Cut Paper, CD/DVD, and Credit Card Shredder
If you are looking for high security and want small particles, then SToK paper shredder is one of the perfect choices to keep your confidential information safe. The convenient handle design makes it easy to empty the bin.
- This product is designed to move anywhere anytime.
- The ergonomic design gives beautiful look to your home or office.
- As the cutters are provided with durable and solid professional steel blades this machine comes long life with smooth functioning.
- You need to give 60 minutes of rest to this machine after 2 minutes of usage. It is designed with 2 different slots for paper and CD/DVD/Credit Cards.
- This paper shredding machine price in Amazon India is Rs. 3,086.00 only.
- SToK paper shredder is designed to cut 8 sheets of paper at a time into 4 x 40 mm and it can shred the credit card into 3 pieces.
- This shredder machine comes with a waste bin capacity of 21 liters which avoids frequent emptying.
- Using this machine you can destroy papers, CDs, DVDs, and credit cards.
- The maximum weight of this paper shredder is 5 kg 40 g.
- SToK paper shredder is providing 1 year of warranty on this product.
4. AmazonBasics 8 Sheets Cross-Cut Paper and Credit Card Shredder
If you want to thoroughly shred multi-page documents AmazonBasics fulfill your needs. You can run 3 minutes continuously with 30 minutes cool-down cycle.
- It comes with an integrated lifting handle for emptying and the see-through window lets you know when the bin is full.
- It also provided auto start mode and manual reverse to clear the paper jams.
- This product is perfect for light use in home, office, and small business.
- You can effortlessly remove the shredder and empty the bin.
- AmazonBasics is designed to cross-cut the 8 sheets of paper at a time into 0.48 x 4.68 cm and also shreds credit cards one at a time.
- It is designed with a bin capacity of 15.5 liters with a see-through window.
- This shredder comes with an overheated LED indicator.
- The weight of this product is 3 kg 750 g.
- AmazonBasics is providing 1 year of warranty on this paper shredder.
5. Bambalio 14 Sheets Cross Cut Credit Card/ CD/DVD/Paper Shredder
Bambalio is providing a perfect and effective security system to avoid leakage of secrecy for your organization. This machine surely secures your data as it slices and dices with ease.
- While shredding it can manage to chew even stapler pins with ease.
- It also provided the features of auto-on and auto-off mechanisms.
- The reversed motor mechanism helps you when the paper got a jam.
- The LED indicator lets you know when there is overload.
- It produces ultra-low noise and ensures high saving energy.
- You can run this shredder for up to 3 minutes with 40 min cool-down cycle.
- Bambalio is designed to cross-cut 14 sheets at a time.
- This product lets you shred papers, credit cards, CDs, and DVDs.
- The capacity of this bin basket is 23 liters which are big enough to avoid frequent emptying.
- This product comes with a weight of 6 kg.
- Bambalio offers 1 year of warranty on this paper shredder.
6. GBC Duo Cross-Cut 10 Sheet Paper, CD, Credit Card Shredder
GBC Duo paper shredder is from the USA. It is ideal for shredding confidential documents of the company and personal documents etc. For the best use of a machine, you need to give rest for 45 minutes after 2 minutes of continuous shredding.
- This machine works with 2.5m/min shred speed.
- It can easily shred credit cards, paper clips, and staples along with the papers.
- This product comes with a weight of 5 kg 590 g.
- GBS Duo is designed to cross-cut 10 sheets of paper into 4 x 45 mm and one CD or credit card at a time.
- This paper shredder waste bin comes with a capacity of 17 Litres which holds up to 100 sheets.
- It produces very little noise with 70 dB which is similar to the sound of a hairdryer.
- GBS Duo is offering 2 years of warranty on the machine and 5 years on shredder cutter.
7. SWAGGERS Micro Cut 11 to 13 Sheets Heavy Duty Paper/CD/Credit Card Shredder
SWAGGERS micro-cut heavy duty paper shredder with CD and Card destroyer is ideal to shred important documents. It is perfect to protect identity theft and confidential documents.
- It can shred the papers into unreadable particles.
- As this machine is equipped with durable cutters, it can easily slice through CDs, Staples, credit cards, and small clips.
- It produces less noise 70 dB while running.
- This shredding machine runs at a speed of 2 m/min.
- You can run this machine continuously for up to 3 minutes.
- This machine consumes power of 75 watts.
- SWAGGERS designed for micro-cut 13 sheets of heavy-duty papers with 5 x 16 mm and one CD/Credit Card at a time.
- This shredder waste bin comes with a capacity of 22 liters and can hold 350 sheets of A4 paper.
- The weight of this shredder is 6 kg.
- You can get 1 year of warranty on this shredder.
8. DahlePaperSAFE 22022 7-Sheet Paper, Staples, Paper Clips & Credit Cards Shredder
DahlePaperSafe is an ideal shredder for destroying financial statements, tax information, and other confidential documents. It is equipped with built-in Jam protection.
- The clear window of the bin lets you know the shred level and easy to empty the waste bin.
- It maintains peak performance without any maintenance.
- This product is oil-free, hassle-free, and easy to maintain.
- You can experience whisper-quiet operation with this shredder.
- To prevent overheating it is designed with a thermally protected motor.
- It falls under the P4 security level and it shreds 3/16 inch x 1 3/16 particle size waste.
- It is a feature with automatic on/off convenience. The standby mode saves energy.
- DahlePaperSafe shredder designed to cut 7 sheets of paper and one credit card at once.
- The weight of this shredder machine is 3.63 kg.
- It produces very little noise of 59dB while in operation.
- The waste bin of this shredder comes with a capacity of 4 gallons.
9. Niyo Cross Cut 8 sheets Paper, CD Shredder
Niyo is producing a paper shredder to meet all your needs. Niyo paper shredder is a perfect machine for offices, financial institutions, banks, and hospitals, etc. It can easily destroy all your personal and confidential documents, datasheets, tax invoices, and unwanted log files.
- It shreds the papers in cross-cut and destroys the data to minimum waste.
- It can easily shred paper along with clips and staples, and credit cards.
- It also comes with the auto start and safety interlock power control feature.
- The waste bin is provided with see-through window to know the level of waste and make it empty.
- Niyo shredder designed to cross-cut 8 sheets of paper with 5.0 x 47 mm and one CD at a time.
- This cross-cut paper shredder comes with a waste bin capacity of 16 liters.
- It runs with an average shredding speed of 2.2 m/mm.
- This machine runs with a 70 dB low noise level.
- The product weight of this paper shredder is 4.7 kg.
10. GBC Alpha Confetti Cross Cut 5 Sheet Paper and Credit Card Shredder
GBC Alpha Confetti is a product from the USA. It comes with the DIN P4 security level to shred highly sensitive documents and personal data. By using this machine you can shred the 6 sheets of 70 gsm or 5 sheets of 80 gsm A4 sheets at once.
- It can shred the papers along with the staples or paper clips.
- You can use this machine continuously for 2 minutes with 30 minutes rest and prevent motor from overheating.
- You can easily lift off your head for emptying the waste bin.
- It produces only 72 dB of sound while it working.
- GBC Alpha Confetti was designed to cross-cut 5 sheets of paper with 4 x 38 mm and one credit card at a time.
- The waste bin of this product comes with a capacity of 14 liters and holds up to 60 sheets.
- This shredder machine can cut the stripes at a speed of 3 m/mm.
- The weight of this paper shredder is 4.02 kg and it consumes power of 150 watts.
- You can get 2 years of machine warranty and 5 years of shredder cutter warranty on this product.
Best Paper Shredder Machine Buying Guide 2021
The best paper shredder machine is a welcome addition to your office. A paper shredder is a machine that helps you to eliminate the personal wastes from your home, and offices. It is used to provide security and privacy for commercial and industrial uses by disposing of sensitive materials which prevent identity theft or other misuses of data.
What are the types of paper shredders?
Paper shredders are varied in different types according to their range of sizes, styles, and capabilities. Out of the various types of paper shredders, strip-cut, cross-cut, and micro-cut are the most important security levels. Let us know the detailed information about types of paper shredders.
1. Strip- Cut Paper Shredder
This is also known as a ribbon-cut, spaghetti-cut, or straight-cut shredder. It contains a single blade that cuts the paper documents vertically. This type of shredding provides fewer amounts of data secured. A standard document is shredded into 39 strips that contain readable parts of text and visuals, graphics, signatures, or photos. Hence, these are perfect for shredding non-confidential documents, like junk mail and it is used for personal use and commercial use also.
2. Cross-Cut Shredder
This is also known as a confetti-cut shredder. This shredder cuts the documents diagonally from both directions that result in the smaller paper particles. A standard document is shredded into nearly 400 particles. Hence provides more security and needs more regular maintenance compared to the strip-cut shredder. It is used in securing confidential documents either at home or in the office.
3. Micro-Cut Paper Shredder
Micro-cut paper shredders provide more security compared to cross-cut and strip-cut shredders. Micro-cut is an advanced technology to the cross-cut shredder and offers more security than cross-cut. The shredded particles from the micro-cut are very small and cannot read even a single letter on it. It is used for securing extremely confidential documents.
What is DIN and how many types of security levels are there?
DIN stands for Deutsches Institut fur Normung which indicates the security level of the paper shredder machine. DIN classifies the security levels for the six media categories like hard drives (H), optical media (O), and paper-based (P).
For paper, there are 7 security levels and these levels are range from DIN P-1 to DIN P-7. The increasing of the DIN number, decreases the size of the paper particles after shredding a document.
Again these 7 security levels have been divided into three protection classes.
Protection class 1: In this, you can get normal security for internal data and DIN P-1, DIN P-2, DIN P-3 come under this.
Protection class 2: It provides high security for your confidential data and DIN P-3, DIN P-4, DIN P-5 come in this category.
Protection class 3: You can get very high protection for confidential and secret data, DIN P-4, DIN P-5, DIN P-6, DIN P-7
Generally for office and home uses we recommend a paper shredder that falls in protection class 2.
What should I look for when buying a paper shredder?
When you are looking for the best paper shredder in India 2021 for home or office purposes, you should consider the following things before buying.
Herearethetipstochoosethe best paper shredder in India.
Paper Size: The size of the paper decides the decision process of the shredder. So first you need to have an idea about what sized paper you shred most often. The size of the decision process varies in shredders. Generally, you can find different sized papers like letter-sized, extra-wide square sheets, etc. So based on the paper size you need to take the machine.
Load Size: A shredder can shred only a few papers at a time. So it is important to know that how much you will be shredding in a month. The shredder with a mid-sized load is preferred. Here is the list of different shredders for different users like a personal shredder for a single user, a small shredder for up to 5 users, general office shredders for up to 10 users, and more than 10 people consider commercial shredder.
Cut Type: It is one of the distinguishing factors to consider. There are 3 types of cut machines available. Those are, strip-cut machine which creates long straight cuts, cross-cut machines which cut the papers by chopping strips into smaller chunks, and micro-cut machines take the cross-cut concept and shred the papers into much smaller pieces. So based on your security level need you should select the shredder.
Shredder Speed: Shredder speed is meant to save your time and energy. These machines can be operated continuously limited period time mostly 2 to 3 minutes. After this, it needs to be cool down for nearly 30 min to 1 hour based on the make and size of the shredder machine. Generally these shredder works with the speed of 2 to 3 m/mm.
Noise level: Generally, these shredder machines produce noise why because these machines have full of moving parts. These machines produce noise around 70 dB. If you are willing to invest more money you can get noise controlled unit.
Security level: Considering safety features is an important factor while choosing a paper shredder. If you have younger children you should be more careful with the machine and children. Most of the standard shredder machines come with safety guards and the high-end shredders come with laser sensors to detect fingers and stop the blades to prevent damage.
Advanced Features: As the technology is increasing day by day the products are coming out with new features. So you should select the product with advanced features all the time. Coming to the paper shredders you need to consider the following advanced features.
The shredders shred credit cards, CDs/DVDs, plastics, paper clips, and heavy cards.
Anti paper jam technology.
Auto on-off and overheat protection features.
Power Saving: Generally electric appliances consume a lot of energy to run. So before buying you should consider the power consumption of the shredder and go through the shredder which prioritizes energy saving.
Warranty: It also an important thing to consider. The warranty gives protection to your appliance when it breaks down unexpectedly. Only some brands provide you a warranty on these shredding machines. So it’s better to select the machine with a warranty.
Frequently Asked Question
What is the best paper shredder for home use?
Amazon Basics 8- Sheet High-Security Micro-Cut Shredder with Pullout Basket is the best paper shredder for home use for its various advantages like trouble-free, no burning smell, cuts into very tiny shreds, can handle old plastic credit cards, and a separate slot for data DVDs, it worth the investment, less run time, and more capacity compared to other brands.
Which is better cross-cut or micro-cut shredder?
Traditional cross-cut shredders are a better solution for non-sensitive personal information, most everyday paperwork, and emails as they shred the paper in two directions lengthwise and width-wise. Apart, it took less time to shred the paper. A micro-cut shredder is better than a cross-cut for confidential documents which contain personal information. Because this shredder cuts the paper into smaller pieces and hence these are more securable.
How long do paper shredders last?
The best paper shredder lasts up to 10 years longer if you take proper care of them. Try to remove staples and paper clips to prevent damage to the shredder head and to avoid paper jams, even if the shredders are possible to shred them. Using vegetable-based shredder oil periodically to the paper shredder is needed.
Why are paper shredders so expensive?
Power is the key factor of the shredder speed, the number of sheets it can take at once, and how long it can work continuously. When the machine turns more robust it turns more expensive.
How long does a home shredder last?
Taking proper care and following the manufacturer’s directions, the best paper shredder should last around 10 years. A shredding time and paper load may vary from one machine to other and by following the directions, the motor does not heat up, and no worry about paper jams.
Do I need a shredder at home?
It is needed at home to free up space. It helps to eliminate the documents and records that have piled over the years in home offices, drawers, desks, and filing cabinets. Using a paper shredder, all the files, documents, and records are shredded at the same time. Without removing staples or paper clips, you can shred them easily and it takes care of them. Even it can handle older plastic credit cards, CDs and DVDs and removes these types of personal wastes from your home.
How often should I oil my paper shredder?
When the shredder is experiencing difficulty in shredding or jamming the paper, then it is time to oil the paper shredder. It is based on the usage of shredders too. If it is using occasionally, it is sufficient to oil for every two months and if you are using a lot, it is better to oil your cross-cut shredder for every time you empty the waste bin to maintain good performance.
Top paper shredders in India helps in quickly shredding confidential info. These machines can quickly turn paper into strips. We can use these shredders to destroy ATM receipts, credit-card bills, mortgage statements, insurance packets, and old unwanted info, etc. Using these machines you can even shred credit cards, CDs, and DVDs one at a time. Based on the machine model you can shred the 5 to 14 sheets at a time. While shredding the papers no need to remove staples or paper clips.