The best steam iron in India gives your clothes a professionally pressed look. The best steam iron for home use comes with the ceramic/non-stick coated soleplate or aluminum sole plate which ensures there is no harm done to your fabric and ensures the iron glides friction-free on any of the fabric you use.
These steam irons come with ergonomically designed handles for comfortable ironing. The in-built self-clean function in these irons fights against limescale build-up. The best steam iron for clothes features a steam bursting and spray function that attacks the stubborn creases and smoothens your clothes effortlessly.
In this article we have tried to provide all about steam iron like what is steam iron , how it works, type of soleplates and safety precautions while using steam iron in the buying guide. We have also given list of what features to consider while buying steam iron and some commonly asked questions in Frequently Asked Question section so that you may make a perfect purchase.
Generally, the operating temperature of the best iron for home use ranges from 250 degrees F to 360 degrees F.
Best Steam Iron in India 2021
1. Philips GC1905 Steam Iron with Spray
Philips is producing one of the best steam iron in India. Philips iron gives you perfect care for all your garments. You can easily fill and empty the water tank and the fine spray used in it moistens the fabric evenly.
- The aluminum soleplate with American Heritage Black Linished used in it easily glides on all fabrics.
- The capacity of the water tank is 180ml.
- The steam boost system used in it helps you in removing even the stubbornest creases.
- It comes with a 1.8 m cord length which is good enough for use.
- Using this Philips iron you can get perfect ironing results in a single stroke.
- This steam iron consumes the power of 1440 Watts and the required voltage is 240V.
- The steam output of this device is up to 13 g/min.
- With the Philips steam iron, you can get 2 years of warranty.
2. AGARO – 33395 Shine with Steam & Spray Ironx
Agaro is presenting one of the best steam iron for home use. Agaro steam iron is an ideal choice for removing wrinkles from clothes and you can get perfect ironing every time. For quick and even heating it is designed with Non-stick coated soleplate. By setting the recommended temperature settings you can iron Nylon, Rayon/Wool, Cotton/Linen fabrics with ease.
- The steam continuously comes out with a speed of 20 gm/min.
- The water tank capacity of this appliance is 270 ml.
- The precision tip design helps you in ironing along with pockets and fold lines.
- The soleplate with non-stick coating generates less friction and maintains the temperature evenly.
- It also comes with a swivel cord and ergonomic handle for comfortable usage.
- This Agaro iron is designed to perform spray, steam, and dry functions effectively.
- It is also designed with the multi fabric temperature control function.
- The overheating protection system protects the iron from overheating and damage when it is idle by switching it on.
- This iron consumes power of 2200 watts.
- You can get 2 years of warranty on this Agaro iron.
3. Prestige Cordless Magic Steam Iron PSI 11.0x
Prestige is offering one of the best iron for home use with advanced features and aerodynamic styling. The shockproof plastic handle gives you more comfort and safety while using it. The Non-stick coated sole plate reduces friction between irons and clothes and glides easily.
- Using the adjustable thermostat control you can iron various types of clothes.
- It also comes with the steam burst mode and sprays mode.
- To remove wrinkles, it is designed with horizontal and vertical steam burst.
- It looks great in a white and blue color combination.
- Prestige PSI 11.0 iron comes with a cordless and power base system.
- Using this you can perform spray, steam, and dry iron functions with ease.
- This iron consumes the power of 1200 watts and the voltage input is 230 volts.
- Prestige is providing 2 years of warranty on this iron.
4. Pigeon by Stovekraft Vigour Max Steam Iron Press BoxX
Pigeon is presenting the best steam iron for clothes. You can experience smooth and creaseless every time you use it. It is designed with ISI standards for product and safety features. Using the variable temperature control you can adjust the temperature of the iron according to your requirements.
- The non-stick coated soleplate reduces friction and makes ironing comfortable.
- It comes with attractive features like dry and steam options.
- Using it you can do completely wrinkle-free iron.
- This product comes with ISI-certified standards for safety.
- It is designed in attractive red and white color with a decent look.
- The pigeon iron press box comes with attractive features like dry and steam options.
- The 360-degree swivel cord gives you more comfort and flexibility while in use.
- It consumes power of 1600 watts.
- You can get 2 years of warranty on this product.
5. Black+Decker BD BXIR2202IN Steam Iron
Black+Decker is producing one of the best steam iron in India. It is the ideal product with the ceramic coated sole plate which distributes the heat evenly and reduces friction. It is suitable for all types of clothes.
- It also comes with the vertical steam option which is ideal for all types of fabrics and saves your time.
- It is also packed with steam burst function and spray function.
- The anti-clock function used in it prevents scale build-up. It produces the steam within seconds and removes wrinkles and revamps the clothes in less time.
- Black+Decker delivers the continuous steam output with the speed of 35 g/min, and the steam boost with the speed of 90 g/min.
- The anti-drip feature in it avoids water dripping from the soleplate.
- This product comes with a water storage tank capacity of 380 ml.
- This steam iron consumes power of 2200 watts and the voltage intake is 220-240 volts.
- You can get 2 years of warranty on this steam iron.
6. Morphy Richards Ultra Glide Steam Iron
Morphy Richards is producing one of the best steam iron for home use. You can get exceptional steam ironing performance with this steam iron. Morphy Richards is presenting ultra-glide iron with added steam holes.
- It features such as Teflon coated soleplate to reduce friction and gives you the free moment.
- With the turbo boost and vertical steam, it efficiently attacks the stubborn crases and smoothens your clothes with ease.
- Self-cleaning is required to avoid vent clogging.
- The ergonomically designed handgrip gives you more comfort while you use it.
- This steam iron is coupled with the latest technology and delivers quality output.
- Morphy Richards delivers the continuous steam output with the speed of 14 – 15 g/min for easy pressing with 71 steam holes.
- It is designed with less weight than 500 g which gives more comfort to your wrist even if you use it for more time.
- It consumes power of 1600 watts
- You can get 2 years of warranty on this steam iron.
7. INALSA Optra Steam Iron
INALSA is presenting one of the best iron for home use. It works efficiently with dynamic quick steam technology. Optra steams iron blasts away wrinkles on the clothes effectively. It can easily glide on various types of garments. As it is designed with rapid even heat technology you can get perfect results every time you use it.
- True position axially aligned steam holes give you the maximum amount of steam required.
- For fast ironing and removal of the stubborn creases, it gets heat in no time.
- The precision point tip lets you reach hard-to-reach areas.
- With the variable temperature control, you can conveniently iron most delicate garments like silk, wool, polyester.
- It is also designed with 360 degrees swivel cord movement and temperature indicator light.
- INALSA delivers the powerful and continuous steam output with a speed of 18 g/min.
- It comes with a large water tank capacity of 150 ml.
- This steam iron consumes power of 1400 watts.
- INALSA is offering 2 years of warranty on this steam iron.
8. Tefal Calore Steam Ironx
Tefal is producing one of the best steam iron for clothes. It works faster, easier, and better way when compared to a dry iron. For safety and smooth ironing for your clothes, it is designed with non-stick soleplate technology which ensures easy gliding for wrinkle free experience.
- The vertical steam feature in it gives you comfort for ironing coats, jackets, saris, curtains, etc.
- With the continuous steam diffusion from the tip and side, you can get crisp wrinkle-free results every time.
- It also comes with a tank capacity of 150 ml.
- You can conveniently move your iron with the 1.8 m long cord.
- Tefal steam iron delivers the powerful and continuous steam output with the speed of 12 g/min.
- To remove tough creases it comes with the 30 g/min steam boost.
- It comes with the Anti-Calc feature which reduces the building up of limescale and increases durability.
- This steam iron consumes power of 1300 watts.
- Tefal is offering 2 years of warranty on this steam iron.
Best Steam Iron Buying Guide 2021
Most of us regularly iron clothes. Ironing is a very exhaustive and time taking task for most people. By adopting the latest technology now ironing has become a safe and easy task. So we should have the best iron for home use for effortless ironing.
Today in the market number of irons are available in a wide range. These irons are having their features. If you are planning to buy the best steam iron for home use here are some features to look for.
What is steam iron?
Steam iron is a small home appliance that helps you to press clothes to remove creases when heated. Steam iron produces steam to moisten the clothes while pressing. The best steam iron for clothes creates a smoother press and helps to remove wrinkles on all types of fabrics with ease.
How steam iron works
The concept of steam iron working is relatively simple. Generally, iron converts electrical energy into heat energy. Coming to the steam iron, the electricity is passed through a special coil that gets heated and transfers the heat to the iron’s soleplate. When it gets heat then the water from the water tank drips onto the plate and produces steam.
Now the steam which comes out pumped outwards and makes the fibers soften and gives the perfect finish to your garments. This is how the best steam iron in India works.
Features to consider while buying a steam iron
Design and Build: Mostly the irons are made of metal and hard plastics. As you have to work for at least half an hour for ironing you should consider the size of the handle. If the handle is too big or too small creates uncomfortable. So you have to choose a design which is comfortable for you.
Power and wattage: The performance of the iron depends on the wattage, so the higher the wattage better the performance. The high-power iron can heat up in no time and can easily remove wrinkles on clothes.
As the higher wattage irons are a little expensive you have to choose based on your need the kind of clothes you wear.
Soleplates: Another name for soleplates is heat plates which are fitted at the bottom of the iron. While selecting the iron you have to choose a wider soleplate with a thin and tempered head. So that it can cover more area over your fabric and easily can reach into tight pleats and under buttons. It is the most important factor to check the soleplate metal.
Types of soleplates
1. Aluminium soleplate: This is made of iron and aluminum. It can heat well but over the years of usage, it gets scratches on its surface. And these can become sticky after ironing lots of clothes. It is very hard to clean also.
2. Ceramic soleplate: This soleplate is durable and can distribute heat evenly. These can be smooth on any of the fabrics and gives you a good ironing experience.
3. Non-Stick-Soleplate: This type of soleplate can reduce the sticking of clothes while ironing. It is very easy to clean also.
4. Stainless steel soleplate: It is durable, corrosion-free, and scratch-resistant. This type of soleplate makes ironing easy and effortless.
Features to consider while buying steam iron
Water tank: It is the most important factor in selecting the best steam iron for home use. Most of the irons come with a small water tank inside and causes overflow. Only a few irons come with see-through water tanks that let you know the level of water in it and avoids overflow.
Steam Vents: Mostly you can find three types of steam vents and these differ from model to model. The steam vents help you to control the amount of steam produced by iron. Depending on the fabric you iron you can choose the flow high or low. Some of the models come with vertical steam vents also.
Temperature controls: You should select the iron with easy and precise controls on it. You should see that it is in the reach while you ironing the clothes.
Cord Swivels and cordless irons: When you move the iron while ironing the cord also moves. Keeping in mind the manufacturers designed it with 360 degrees swivel mechanism. This can helps you to move the iron in any direction.
For more comfortable using some of the models comes with the cordless. These irons come with separate heat plates. Before ironing, you need to connect first to this heat plate. But the thing is the cordless irons retain heat only for few minutes.
Warranty: The warranty of the steam irons varies from brand to brand. Most of the brands offer you 2 years of warranty from the date of purchase. This warranty helps you to repair or replacement of the product in case of any failure or damage.
Safety precautions while using steam iron
Keep the iron horizontally when not in use to prevent water leakage. Don’t fill the water completely in the water tank of the iron. Let the iron heat up before using the steam function. Always you should iron on a sturdy Ironing board. It’s better to avoid ironing with kids around.
You should keep the power cord position safely. At any moment you shouldn’t leave the iron unattended. Don’t do multitasking when you are ironing. As electricity and water are a dangerous combination you should never use an electric iron near water.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the best steam irons to buy?
Philips GC1905 Shine, AGARO – 33395 Shine, Prestige Cordless Magic, Pigeon by Stovekraft Vigour Max, Black+Decker BD BXIR2202IN, Morphy Richards Ultra Glide, INALSA Optra, and Tefal Calore are some of the best steam irons for home use.
Which brand is best for steam iron?
Philips is one of the best steam iron brands in India. Philips designed steam iron with American Heritage black linished soleplate and continuous steam with steam boost also. It also provides 2 years of warranty
Is standing steam iron good?
Standing steam iron is a great alternative to the traditional steam iron. It can quickly remove wrinkles and freshening fabrics. The main benefit of this is it works great on all kinds of fabrics even soft or delicate materials, suit jackets, and other difficult-to-press items. So standing steam iron is a good one.
What is the basic difference between a dry iron and a steam iron? Which one should I buy?
A dry iron has only a soleplate which heats up and you need to press hard onto clothing to get smooth garments. Whereas a steam iron comes with steam holes and emits hot steam to get out even stubborn wrinkles faster and easier.
The steam iron works quicker than dry iron so it’s better that you should buy steam iron.
What is the best brand of the Iron box?
If you want wrinkle-free, crisp, neatly ironed, and fresh-looking clothes then you have to go with Philips brand steam iron. Why because Philips is one of the premier home care appliances brand in India. And this features more than one model in the steam irons with quality.
How to remove wrinkles from clothes?
The best steam iron in India with high watt power enables continuous high steam output and heats the iron if you want wrinkle-free, crisp, neatly ironed, and fresh-looking clothes then you have to go with Philips brand steam iron. Philips is one of the premier home care appliances brand in India. And this features more than one model in the steam irons quickly.
With the continuous steam output, you can get the perfect amount of steam gives you a great performance and the steam boost helps you to remove the most stubborn creases. You can find the steam button below the handle of your iron.
With the best steam iron for home use, now it becomes extremely convenient to get the perfect iron for all your garments. The steam delivers from the steam iron helps to keep the fibers for a longer duration. The steam iron ensures that your clothes look sharp the whole day.
This best steam iron for clothes is suitable for the people on the go who don’t have a lot of time to iron their clothes. The best iron for home use can smoothen even the toughest and most stubborn wrinkles in no time. The steam iron is suitable for a lot of different types of fabrics to press. This is also equipped with automatic shut–off options. So the steam iron is safe and a trusted appliance in India.