The best wet grinder provides you with much fluffier, tasty and healthy batter for making idlis, vadas, and dosa. The best wet grinder in India with its various capacity drums break the lentils or food ingredients to retain most of the nutrients.
The best table top wet grinder in India 2020 is loaded with latest features which makes the grinding quicker and easier and reduces your physical strain, work and time.
These are made with high-quality stainless steel material and the bottom is made with a stone layer which has a long life and can run constantly for a longer period time without heating. Due to this very low heat, the batter remains with essential nutrients without damaging the fermentation process and gives genuine flavour.
Table of Contents
- Best wet grinder in India 2020
- 1. Elgi Ultra Grind+ Gold 2L Table Top Wet Grinder
- 2. Butterfly Smart Wet Grinder with Coconut Attachment Scrapper
- 3. Elgi Ultra Dura+ Wet Grinder
- 4. Elgi Ultra perfect+ 2L Wet grinder
- 5. Panasonic MK-SW200BLK 2L Wet Grinder
- 6. PREMIER Grinder 95W
- 7. Butterfly Rhino Table Top 2L Wet Grinder
- 8. Butterfly Rhino Plus 2L Wet Grinder
- Wet Grinder Buying Guide
Best wet grinder in India 2020
Some of them are available with additional attachments which are used for kneading dough and coconut scraper. In this article, let us know how to choose the table top wet grinder to your home.
1. Elgi Ultra Grind+ Gold 2L Table Top Wet Grinder
Elgi Ultra Table top wet grinder is the best table top wet grinder in India 2020 with 2 litres capacity.
- It is manufactured with high-grade stainless steel drum which is rust-resistant and can be used to store the batter for a long time, ABS body which is lighter in weight and durable.
- It gives noiseless and vibration-free operation.
- The conical grinding stones generate you good results like less heating, high fermentation, soft and fluffy idlis, excess amount of batter and the stones are more durable.
- 150-watt heavy-duty motor helps the grinder for perfect grinding and does not heat the batter.
- The batter cleaner attachment is provided to remove the batter from conical stones and for easy cleaning.
- The additional attachments like atta kneader and coconut scraper are provided that gives smooth dough and tastier chutney.
- Elgi ultra gives you 5 years warranty on this product.
2. Butterfly Smart Wet Grinder with Coconut Attachment Scrapper
The Butterfly is one of the best wet grinder which has the highest demand in the market for its uniform grinding pressure, 4-way grinding system and single-phase high torque motor.
- It is manufactured with 2 litres stainless steel drum, ABS body, unbreakable and transparent lids that made of polycarbonate material.
- The 2 cylindrical stones provide you with the perfect grinding and make the batter softer.
- The ventilator is provided to regulate body heat. The 230V AC-50Hz motor is equipped to protect from overheating or overloading.
- The detachable drum with light-weight feature is easy to handle, remove batter, clean and maintain. The outer ABS body is dried up with just a wipe.
- The additional features Coconut Scraper and Atta Kneader is provided which works and results within a short duration.
- It is available with 2 years warranty.
3. Elgi Ultra Dura+ Wet Grinder
Elgi Ultra Wet Grinder is one of the best grinders among the top 10 brands in India. It is designed with 1.25-litre capacity convenient and spacious design drum perfect for grinding.
- This drum is also used as multi-utility drum that you can store the batter in the same drum after grinding instead of transferring the batter into another vessel.
- It is made of stainless steel material which is rustproof.
- The conical grinding stones generate less heat while grinding and results in higher fermentation rise. Hence produces soft, fluffy idlis along with more number of them too.
- The outer body is made of ABS food-grade plastic that is light in weight and portable.
- The 85-watt heavy-duty motor gives even and perfects grinding which keeps the pace constant and does not heat up the batter.
- The batter remover is available to remove the batter from the drum and for easy cleaning of the conical stones.
- This wet grinder comes with the 5 years warranty.
4. Elgi Ultra perfect+ 2L Wet grinder
Elgi Ultra wet grinder is one of the best wet grinders in India. It is loaded with the features of perfect batter with good health and taste.
- It comes with dish-shaped multi-utility drum with the capacity of 2L and you can store the batter in the same drum after grinding.
- It is installed with the 150 Watts powerful motor for better grinding. It occupies less space in your kitchen and gives a rich look.
- It also comes with the new features like auto switch-off on pre-set grinding time, so that you can relax without having to worry.
- Elgi Ultra Perfect+ wet grinder comes with the patented conical stones which give you effective grinding.
- The motor runs with the speed of 1350 RPM without load and the drum speed is 135 – 140 RPM with a load.
- The drum is made of AISI 304 rust-resistant food-grade stainless-steel and ABS body which is lighter and durable.
- You can get 10 years of warranty on this Elgi Ultra Perfect+ wet grinder.
- The main highlight is it comes with the electronic timer with buzzer.
5. Panasonic MK-SW200BLK 2L Wet Grinder
Panasonic 2 litres wet grinder is one brilliant choice among the best wet grinders in India. It is made up of highest quality stainless steel material and is specially designed for wet grinding jobs.
- It does not react to food and is easy to clean. A transparent lid is also available to cover up this drum. It gives a clear view inside the grinder to check the level of grinding.
- Panasonic fully automatic super wet grinder provides you cutting edge 3D Alpha Flow Technology which delivers 15% more efficient grinding.
- You can set the timer and relax with this latest feature automatic timer which makes a grinding breeze.
- Now you can check the batter without opening the lid by using spatula slot.
- It comes with 2 grinding stones and these contain 2 cutting grooves for fine grinding.
- Panasonic provides 5 years warranty on motor and 2 years on product.
6. PREMIER Grinder 95W
Premier is one of the best table top wet grinders in India 2020 which is available with 1.5 litres capacity drum made of high-grade stainless steel material.
- It is installed with 95W powerful motor for perfect grinding. A detachable drum makes you an easy way to remove the batter and easy cleaning.
- The motor runs with 1440rpm speed with 230V.
- The drum is made of rust-resistant food-grade material and the outer body with ABS plastic material which are durable and light-weight.
- An additional attachments Atta kneader and coconut scraper is available with this wet grinder.
- The 2 grinding stones with 2 cutting grooves make a fine paste of soaked grains or pulses.
- You can even grind dry grindings like masalas along with wet grinding.
7. Butterfly Rhino Table Top 2L Wet Grinder
Butterfly Rhino explains to you how to choose the best table top wet grinder by its excellent features like uniform grinding pressure, most hygienic and easy handle, sturdy high torque single phase motor, detachable stainless steel drum and roller stone assembly.
- The outer body is made of high-quality ABS material which is portable and convenient to use.
- The transparent and unbreakable lid which is made of polycarbonate material manufactured to cover on the drum.
- It can operate efficiently for a longer period time without heating the drum or batter.
- The 2 cylindrical stones work efficiently and make batter softer and hygienic and these stones are durable for years.
- The motor runs with 1300rpm speed which ensures faster and effective grinding along with consuming low power 150 watts.
- The ventilator is provided to regulate body heat.
- Butterfly offers you 2 years warranty on motor and 2 years on product.
8. Butterfly Rhino Plus 2L Wet Grinder
With this Butterfly Rhino Plus, You can know what is the best table top wet grinder for home use. This 2-litre capacity grinder took very less space in your kitchen.
- It is designed in lightweight, detachable stainless steel drum and easy to handle which helps in pouring the batter to other vessel and in cleaning purpose.
- The outer body is made of ABS plastic smooth enough and cleaned by just wiping. Hence, maintenance also becomes easy.
- The motor protects from abnormalities due to overloading or overheating.
- The 2 conical roller stones move along with the cylinder and results in a soft, hygienic and more amount of batter.
- You can use the extra attachments like dough kneader and coconut scraper by changing the attachments in the cylinder according to your need.
- It can operate continuously for 20 minutes efficiently without heating.
- It is available with 2 years warranty on motor and 2 years on product.
Wet Grinder Buying Guide
Let us know what is table top wet grinder and its advantages now. The best wet grinders reduce the physical strain, work and time of preparing batter nearly 90%. These wet grinders with its traditional stones do not produce heat which does not damage the essential nutrients and fermentation process of the food. Before buying the wet grinder to your home, you should know all the important details about it in order to choose the perfect grinder which fulfils your grinding needs.
Why should you go for a Wet Grinder?
The best wet grinders are very useful in every kitchen which performs fast and effective grinding compared to electric mixers or blenders. The wet grinder generates less heat which remains the flavour of food to be genuine. The stones are durable for years. This appliance can operate constantly for a long time without heating.
The best table top wet grinder in India 2020 is a very useful appliance which grinds the batter for making delicious breakfasts like idlis, vadas, and dosas. It can be used for kneading dough, coconut scraping, grinding lentils and soaked grains into a fine paste. These are even used for grinding masalas and chutneys if they are large content.
Types of wet grinders
Regular wet grinders, Table top wet grinders, and Tilting wet grinders are three types of wet grinders.
Regular Wet Grinders:
Generally, these are used for commercial purpose which is big in size. Due to its big size, it is not preferred for home purpose. It is preferred for restaurants and hotels. This is designed in a way that a steel rod holds the grinding stone with the help of an iron belt. When the motor switches on, the drum starts rotating and result in the perfect grinding of the batter. But it is very heavy in weight, installation is difficult and cleaning is also difficult.
Table Top Wet Grinders:
These grinders are ranges between 1.5 and 2 litres. When the device switched on, the drum starts rotating and the grinding wheels which are in contact with this drum are also starting rotating. The grains and pulses are ground between them evenly. These are portable in size used for less quantity of dough. The drum can be detachable from the grinder and you can store the batter inside the drum itself instead of transferring to another utensil. These are having high demand in the market today.
Tilting Wet Grinders:
If the drum is filled with dough, it is very difficult to lift the drum to the homemaker and empty it. It is solved by the tilting wet grinders. You can tilt the drum and empty it easily. But these are not detachable. So, it is very difficult for cleaning purpose.
Features of Wet Grinder
The capacity of the wet grinders are ranging from 1.5 litres to 15 litres. Choose the grinder capacity according to your frequency usage and size of your family etc. For a typical Indian family, a 2-litre grinder is enough. If you are having a higher requirement, you can have a larger appliance.
The material used for the drum is also very important. The stainless steel material is the best material which provides a hygienic batter. The bottom of the drum is a stone layer which helps the grinder to get perfect batter. The drum that can detach from the grinder is very helpful for removing the batter from it and cleaning purpose.
In this function, you can tilt the drum and pour the batter into the other container. But these drums are not removable and are very difficult to clean. It causes less noise. It is the combination of both tilting and table top wet grinders.
The regular wet grinder consists of only one big stone but the table top wet grinders have more than one stones. Having multiple stones speeds up the process of grinding. The grinding stones come in different shapes as conical and round. The conical shape stones give the best results compared to round stones.
Some of the wet grinders are featured with overload protection. If your drum is overloaded, this feature stops the motor, then you should reduce the load and start the grinder again. Hence this feature protects the life of the engine and enhances it.
The latest wet grinders come with additional accessories used for coconut scraping and atta kneading. You should pay extra amount for these attachments. When you want to use these features, you should remove the stones and place this attachment in that place. Then you can knead atta and scrape coconuts very perfectly, smoothly and easily.
If your wet grinder is included with extra power-saving features which reduce the electricity bills.
The best wet grinder should have at least three-speed setting options like speed, fast and slow. The slow speed setting is better for having batters smooth, tasty and healthy.
How to clean wet grinder
In the latest models, cleaning wet grinder is a very easy task. In the regular and tilting wet grinder models, you have to remove the stones out from the drum and can clean with water, but the drum is not detachable from the grinder, so you just need to clean it with a damp cloth.
Clean the scrubs or smudge of all types of areas. A Damp cloth should not be used inside the grinder, just used for drum, roller stones, and external parts.
For the table top wet grinders, after emptying the drum, pour some water in it, close the lid and switch it on for seconds to spread the water all around the grinder.
Now remove the socket from the plug. And remove the holder stick, stones and drum from the grinder one by one, clean them properly with water and wipe them with a dry cloth.
Reassemble all the parts and switch on for a test run to check. You can have better cleaning with some household materials like lemon peels to remove the pungent smell, baking soda for removing stubborn and caked up gunk, and vinegar for stain removal.
Frequently Asked Question
Which brand is best for wet grinder?
Elgi Ultra Perfect+ 2 litre wet grinder is one of the best brands for wet grinders in India. It is best for its build quality, industry-leading warranty, highly durable and food-grade stainless steel drum, etc. Panasonic, Butterfly, Pigeon, and more are some of the best brands for wet grinder.
How do I choose a wet grinder?
Choose a best wet grinder by choosing the capacity according to your need, best stone quality, lighter in weight and size suitable to your kitchen, less maintenance like easy cleaning, material removing from the grinder, etc.
Why use a wet grinder?
Wet grinder is a very useful appliance mainly to Indians who prepares various hard dishes like idlis, dosas, vada, etc. This grinder gives you best batter within 20 minutes which is more beneficial than a mixer. It is excellent for its fast, less effort requirement, effective grinding and can operate constantly for a longer time. It can grind pulses or grains into very good batter even that are in a large amount. The batter that gets by grinding between the stones will be very tasty.
Which is the best table top wet grinder available in India?
Elgi Ultra Dura+ is the best table top wet grinder for its excellent features like high-quality material, conical stones for effective grinding, batter cleaner, 85W heavy-duty motor, additional features, etc
What can we grind in wet grinder?
Wet grinders are used for grinding scraped coconut, soaked grains, and lentils into a fine paste. These are used for making paste for vada, idlis, and dosa very easily and efficiently. They are also used for grinding masalas, chutneys. Some of them have an atta kneader attachment which is used to knead all types of dough.
What should I look for when buying a grinder?
You should look for many aspects to choose the right grinder. You should choose the number of the grinding stones and its shape, capacity according to your family, powerful motor, low maintenance, less energy used efficiently, size according to your purpose, popular brand, best warranty period, and high features.
Can wet grinder be used for dry grinding?
Yes, wet grinders can be used for dry grinding abilities like masalas etc.
What is the cost of wet grinder?
The cost of wet grinder varies according to its features, capacity, warranty period, design, power, and more aspects. It costs between minimum Rs.3000 to maximum Rs.8000.
Which motor is used in a table top wet grinder?
The table top wet grinder is equipped with sturdy, high torque, single phase watt motor for perfect grinding.
Which is the best smallest, table top wet grinder for home use in the market in India?
Preethi Iconic WG 908 is the best smallest table top wet grinder which has bidirectional cylindrical cones with pyramid wipers to provide uniform grinding and good batter. It provides 20% higher nutrition retention and advanced ventilation for the cool batter, strong grip, easy to lift and pour food-grade components, and uniform grinding makes it excellent to prefer for home use.
What is the best dosa grinder to buy?
Butterfly Smart is the best dosa grinder.