The need for the best air purifier in India is growing pollution levels all over the years. By using the best air purifier in India for home you can give the pure air to breathe to your family and reduces the chances of health issues caused by indoor pollutants. The air purifiers are good at filtering dust, pollen from the air, and smoke. Here we have listed top rated air purifier for allergies.
- How HEPA Air Purifier helps to Reduce Respiratory Infection
- Best Air Purifier in India 2023-Home Air Purifier for Allergies
- Air Purifier Buying Guide 2023
- What is an air purifier
- Types of air purifiers for home
- Types of filters used in air purifiers
- Things to consider before buying air purifier
- Features to look
- Frequently Asked Questions
How HEPA Air Purifier helps to Reduce Respiratory Infection
The best HEPA air purifier filters can capture tiny impurities floating in the air. The air purifiers with activated carbon can eliminate harmful chemicals like ammonia, chlorine, and phthalates from indoor environments.
The best room air purifier is designed with one or more filters and a fan. The fans used in it sucks in air, and then the air passes through the various filters used in it. These filters trap pollutants such as dust, pollen, and bacteria and pump out clean air into the room, and reduces the chances of airborne diseases.
We have listed Top 10 best air purifier in India 2023 from the top air purifier brands below.
Best Air Purifier in India 2023-Home Air Purifier for Allergies
Dyson Purifier Cool Air Purifier, HEPA + Activated Carbon Filter, Wi-Fi Enabled
40% Discount Available
Dyson Pure Cool Link Air Purifier, HEPA + Activated Carbon Filter, Wi-Fi Enabled
36% Discount Available
Honeywell Air touch U1 Indoor Air Purifier. Anti-Bacterial, H13 HEPA Filter, Activated Carbon Filter
32% Discount Available
Coway AirMega 150 (AP-1019C) Professional Air Purifier for Home, Longest Filter Life 8500 Hrs
59% Discount Available
Elica 60 cm 1200 m3/hr Auto Clean Chimney (WDAT HAC 60 NERO, 2 Baffle Filters, Touch Control
23% Discount Available
Philips AC1215/20 Air purifier, removes 99.97% airborne pollutants, 4-stage filtration with True HEPA filte
27% Discount Available
SHARP Room Air Purifier FP-F40E-W with Plasmacluster™ Ion Technology, Haze Mode | Coverage Area: upto 320 ft²
40% Discount Available
PHILIPS High Efficiency Air Purifier AC2887/20, Vitashield Intelligent Purification, , 99.97% airborne pollutants, HEPA filter
38% Discount Available
TruSens Z-2000 Air Purifier | Remote SensorPod | 360 HEPA Filtration with Dupont Filter
67% Discount Available
Eureka Forbes Aeroguard AP 700 Air Purifier with H1N1 filter removes 99.99% airborne viruses
25% Discount Available
1. Dyson Purifier Cool Air Purifier
Dysonis introducing one of the best air purifiers with various beneficial features. This product is available with a HEPA filter, and activated carbon filter, and is compatible with WiFi for remote control.
- It provides intelligent purification by the presence of the HEPA H13 and activated carbon filter together elimeliminating95% of allergens and pollutants like very little particles including dust, pollen, bacteria, mould spores, pet dander, and other harmful gases.
- The dual functionality of the HEPA purifier and bladeless fan provides smooth purified air per second.
- This purifier can automatically sense and display 4 different pollutants like PM2.5, PM 10, VOCs, and NO2. It also displays AQI every 12 seconds and a 24-hour AQI graph on the screen.
- It is also featured air multiplier technology and a customizable 3500 oscillation facility to cover the entire room purification.
- It is available with 2 years warranty and can return easily.
2. Dyson Pure Cool Link Air Purifier
Dyson provides an excellent air purifier featuring with HEPA filter, activated carbon filter, and intelligent sensors. This purifier effectively removes allergens and small pollutants like PM 0.1 microns including dust, pollen, bacteria, pet dander, VOCs, and other harmful gases/odours.
- With its HEPA filter and activated carbon filter, this product has intelligent purification by removing 99.95% of allergens and harmful pollutants.
- Its dual functionality of HEPA purifier and bladeless fan gives the best results in providing purified air and backward airflow mode can purify without cooling.
- It is featured two intelligent sensors that continually monitor and react to air quality changes.
- It has a lower face velocity compared to other conventional purifiers. Moreover, it also has a high-efficiency vacuum-sealed 3600 glass HEPA filter and tris-coated activated carbon filter which removes ultra-fine pollutants and captures them in the filter media.
- This is the purifier with air multiplier technology and customized 900 oscillation.
3. Honeywell Air Touch U1 Air Purifier
Honeywell introduced the advanced technology purifier with various latest features. It is equipped with an H13 HEPA filter, activated carbon filter, anti-bacterial filter PM 2.5, and VOC level display.
- It has a real-time PM 2.5 level display, CADR of 550 m3/h and covers an area of up to 852.5 square feet.
- It is equipped with an advanced filtration system with 5 air changes per hour.
- In addition to that, it has an in-built volatile organic compound (VOC) sensor for monitoring ambient air quality.
- To remove the contaminants and harmful pollutants, the Pre-filter, High-grade H13 filter, and activated carbon filter are used.
- It has three air purifying speeds along with Auto and Turbo modes. And sleep mode is also available with a 1,2,4, or 8-hour automatic shut-off timer.
4. Coway Professional Air Purifier
Coway is producing one of the best air purifiers in India. The HEPA filter used in it traps 99.99% of viruses and bacteria. And it can easily remove as small as 0.1-micron virus, 0.5-micron bacteria, 3-10 micron dust mites, and 30-micron pollen also. It ensures better reach and maximum airflow.
- The smart auto mode function adjusts the speed of the purifier based on air quality.
- It consumes only 38 Watts power and makes less noise with 22-49dB.
- This product can cover an area of 355 square feet.
- This product is suitable for bedrooms, living rooms, and offices. As it has a slim design you can easily blend it anywhere.
- Coway designed this product with a Special green anti-virus true HEPA filter.
- This product gives you complete protection from all airborne pollutants.
- The filter used in it is designed in cartridge style which gives you safety and hygiene.
- The filter used in it gives you 8500 hours of long life.
- It is also equipped with filter cleaning and filter replacement indicators.
- Coway is offering 5 years warranty on the motor and a 1-year warranty on the product.
5. Mi Air Purifier
Mi is producing one of the best air purifiers in India for home. With Mi air purifier you can experience improved air quality and improved living conditions. The HEPA filter used in it gives the filtration efficiency of 99.97%. It can trace the particles up to the size of 0.3 microns.
- This product functions with 360-degree air intake with 3 layer filtration.
- This Mi air purifier consumes power of 38 watts.
- This Mi air purifier equipped with a laser particle sensor.
- It is packed with all modern features for your modern home.
- The innovative design of this product delivers consistent airflow.
- It is energy efficient and no noise design.
- Mi Air Purifier is designed with a true HEPA filter and smart app connectivity with a Wi-Fi connection.
- The clean air delivery rate (CADR) of this product is 380 m3/hr.
- It is packed with an OLED touch display that shows real-time concentration, temperature, and humidity.
- This product effectively covers the area of 484 sqft.
- You can operate this with Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa.
- Mi is offering a 1-year warranty on this air purifier.
6. Philips AC1215/20 Air purifier
Philips is producing one of the best HEPA air purifiers. It comes with an aerodynamic design and delivers clean air up to 270 m3/hr. This product can purify the area of 226-333 sqft in just 12 minutes.
- It can remove 99.97% airborne pollutants with 4-stage filtration.
- It also filters harmful gases like TVOC. It constantly monitors your room’s air quality and delivers clean air while you sleep.
- The filter service indicator in it lets you know when it is time to replace the filter.
- It is designed with an air quality sensor, touch control panel, and fan speed indicators.
- The night mode option works with dim light and low sound with 33 dB.
- It comes with the child-lock option also.
- Philips designed this purifier with 4 stage filtration through pre-filter, activated carbon filter, double-layered H 13 grade true HEPA filter.
- It works with Vitashield intelligent purification and automatically senses air quality and removes airborne microns.
- This product can remove particles up to 0.02 microns.
- Through a 4-color air quality indicator, you can get air-quality feedback.
- This air filter consumes power of 50 watts and the required voltage is 220 V.
- Philips is offering 2 years of warranty on this product.
7. Sharp Air Purifier for Homes & Offices
Sharp is producing one of the best air purifier for home & office. The plasmacluster technology used in it works actively and it can generate fresh indoor air, neutralize harmful VOC, toxic gases, suppresses harmful microbes, remove static charges, and retain moisture of the skin.
- This can capture 99.97% of allergens and impurities.
- The combination of filters used in it are H14 Grade HEPA filter works up to 2 years, active carbon filter works up to 2 years, and advance pre-filter works for lifelong.
- It is also specially designed with Haze mode to use when the pollutants level is high.
- Based on the pollutants in the room, the color LED indicates the level.
- As it makes less noise you can have the best and quiet sleep.
- They have adopted Japanese technology and made ABS material.
- It can cover effectively the area of 320 sqft and it is designed with 3 different speed modes.
- With the 20 degrees airflow, it can clean and purify the air from the roof to the floor.
- The dual purification method in it helps to remove different kinds of pollutants.
- Sharp is offering 1 year of warranty on this air purifier.
8. Philips High-Efficiency Air Purifier AC2887
Philips is producing one of the best air purifier in India. This air purifier is ideal for your master bedroom as it ensures you and your family breathe cleaner and healthier air always.
- It can remove 99.97% of airborne pollutants like bacteria, viruses, and pollen, and house dust mites.
- With professional-grade sensing technology AeraSense monitors and displays the real-time PM 2.5 levels.
- To choose your preferred mode to personalize and optimize your purification it is packed with 3 automatic purification settings.
- For comfortable night sleep, the silent mode function turns down its fan speed and noise level.
- The aerodynamic design of this air filter boosts efficient airflow.
- Philips high-efficiency air purifier is packed with Vitashield intelligent purification.
- This purifier can easily remove airborne pollutants as small as 0.003 microns.
- It can purify the area of 269 – 409 sqft just in 10 minutes with a CADR of 333 m3/ hour.
- It can filters out TVOCs and harmful gases also.
- Philips is offering 2 years of warranty on this air purifier.
9. TruSens Z-2000 Air Purifier
TruSens air purifier is another one of the best room air purifier. This is the device with a unique approach to delivering cleaner air. This product can easily capture and destroys common pollutants like cold and virus, pet dander, dust mites, pollen, odor, chemicals, mold, and mildew.
- It works 360 degrees air intake and 4 levels of purification which includes pre-filter, carbon filter, HEPA filter, and UV sterilization.
- With dual airflow technology, you can experience optimal distribution of cleaner air throughout the room.
- The smarter sensing function monitors the air quality and takes the action.
- With the timer setting option, you can select the purification time of 2/4/8/12 hours.
- TruSens air purifier comes with the remote sensor pod and HEPA filtration with DuPont filter.
- It can effectively cover the area of 375 sqft and it comes with the 3 fan speed mode.
- It is designed with simple touch controls which include fan speeds, auto-timer, UV mode, and filter replacement indicators.
- With UV Light sterilization you can make your home bacteria and allergens-free home.
- The air quality monitor can easily sense pollutants away from the purifier.
- TruSens offering 2 years of warranty on this product.
10. Eureka Forbes Aeroguard AP 700 Air Purifier
Eureka Forbes is presenting one of the best air purifier in India for home. Eureka Forbes air purifier can protect you and your family against airborne bacteria and viruses effectively. They have adopted FilterMaxx Technology in this purifier.
- As it comes with the Swine Flu resistant filter, lung filter, anti-bacterial filter, Anti-dust filter, UHD HEPA filter, Deodorisation filters you can be protected from diseases.
- Using this product you can experience fresh and pollution-free air.
- This product is certified by the highest standards of the Asthma Society of India.
- The beneficial feature of this product is 3000 working hours filter life.
- The ultra-silent sleep mode ensures deep and undisturbed sleep.
- It is made of superior aesthetic design and science and it is suitable for your home and office to breathe fresh and pollutant-free air.
- This air purifier can remove 99.99% of airborne viruses through 6 stages of filtration.
- This device effectively covers the area of 602 sqft.
- It consumes the power of 43 Watts.
- The multi-color air quality indicator helps you to monitor the room’s air quality.
- Eureka Forbes offering 5 years warranty on the motor and 1 year of warranty on the product.
11. AGARO – 33329 Pure-Wave 45W Air Purifier
AGARO pure-wave air purifier is one of the best air purifiers under 10000. By using this product, you can make your home Germs free and you can experience only healthy air.
- The HEPA filter used in it works with a filtration efficiency of 99.95%.
- It can easily remove the particles up to 0.3 microns in size.
- It is designed for 360-degree air intake in 7-stage air purification with advanced filtration.
- The timer function allows you to set the purification time 1 to 12 hrs.
- You can turn off the icon light and make the machine runs at a low speed by pressing the ‘sleep’ button.
- It consumes power of 45 watts.
- This AGARO air purifier is packed with a true HEPA filter.
- It is designed with a digital touch display with real-time air quality indicators, temperature, and child lock.
- It works with 3-speed modes and this pack contains remote control also.
- The auto mode option included in it changes the fan speed based on air quality.
- This product can effectively cover the area of 645 Sqft.
- AGARO is offering a 1-year warranty on this air purifier.
Air Purifier Buying Guide 2023
What is an air purifier
An Air Purifier is a device that removes pollutants from the air in any room or office. The best room air purifier can improve the quality of indoor air. This device is more beneficial to allergy sufferers and asthmatics. Air purifiers can also be used in industries to remove impurities from the air before processing. Pressure swing adsorption techniques will be used for this. You should choose effective and compact air purifier for home.
To live a healthy life, the quality of the air is the most essential thing. It is our right to get pure and fresh air. The need for air purifiers is growing as pollution is increasing day by day. As the quality of air is decreasing, here is the way, which you need to buy the best air purifier in India to take healthy breathe.
Types of air purifiers for home
HEPA filter air purifiers: HEPA filters are good at filtering particles. These purifiers can trap a minimum of 99.97% of particles bigger than 0.3 microns effectively. This can trap bacteria, chemicals, viruses, and molds.
Adsorbent air purifiers: The activated charcoal adsorbent purifier can easily trap chemicals and odors which are floating in your room. These filters can sponge up toxic substances through a physical or chemical process.
UV air purifiers:When the air is sucking into the machine, the UV purifiers then expose the air to a UV lamp. Then the UV light makes the viruses inactive and can kill harmful bacteria and fungi. UV purifiers can be used in a wide range in the medical field. Using this we can clear airborne microorganisms in the room.
Ionic and electronic air purifiers: This product works without a filter. These are of two types, ionizers, and electrostatic precipitators. The ionizers create negative ions then attach themselves to the particles floating in the air.
Then these particles settled on the surface which you can easily wipe. Whereas electrostatic precipitators follow the same, but here the particles settle on positively charged plates within the purifier.
Types of filters used in air purifiers
Pre-Filter: This is the outermost layer of the air purifier. It can increase the lifetime of the next layers by capturing the hair, large dust particles, and mold. These are the cheapest filters.
There are two types of pre-filters the 1st one is washable which costs around Rs. 700 as it is washable you can use it multiple times. The 2nd one is non-washable pre-filters which costs around Rs. 150 to Rs. 300. These non-washable filters have to be replaced every 3 months.
Cold Catalyst Filter: It is designed to absorb and decompose formaldehyde and tiny floating dust particles in the air. It can also absorb other harmful gases like ammonia and TVOC which are present in the air.
Activated carbon filter: This can absorb odors, chemicals, and gases from the air. It is one of the most important filters in the air purifier. When the air is passed through it at a slower rate it can absorb a high amount of VOC and toxic chemicals.
Antibacterial filter: This filter can remove particulates and harmful irritants from the room and recirculates the pure air into the room.
HEPA filter technology: HEPA means high-efficiency particulate air. When the polluted air passes through these fine fibers, it traps harmful particles such as pollen, pet dander, dust mites, and tobacco smoke.
The thickness of the filter is 0.5 to 2.0 micrometers. Depending upon the HEPA filter class it can trap up to 99.97% of particles.
Ionic Filtration: It is not the filter like other filters. It is a complex scientific process. It sends out the charged ions then these ions form a bond with potentially harmful impurities. These impurities either fall to the ground or are attracted to the collection plate unit.
Things to consider before buying air purifier
While buying the air purifiers you need to consider the following things.
Cost of replacement filters: Generally you should replace (or clean) the filters once in every 6 to 12 months for pleated filters and 3 months for activated carbon filters. The cost of the filters varies from 20 $ to 200 $.
Certification: To buy the best air purifier for home certification is very important. Here on the package, you have to look for a couple of labels. 1st one is the Energy Star logo.
As the air purifier runs the whole day it consumes more and the energy star certified devices 40% efficient than standard ones. The 2nd is AHAM verified seal. They provide CADR and room size on the AHAM seal.
Room size: Based on the size of the room you have to select the best air purifier in India for home. For selecting an air purifier you can trust the AHAM seal. Most of the air purifiers are suitable for larger rooms with 350 sqft and more.
Noise: As these purifiers running whole the day the best room air purifiers runs quietly. The ideal machine runs with a noise of less than 50 dB. You can find the details on the package how many dB it operates.
Features to look
Washable Prefilters: This filter helps in increasing the life of the main filter by collecting large particles before they reach the main filter. So that you can save your money.
Filter service indicator light: This function will remind you when it’s time to change the filter. To get effective results you need to change the filter regularly.
Air quality sensor: Depending on the pollution level of the room the best air purifier in India can automatically adjust the cleaning speed.
Handles and wheels: Generally these air purifiers weigh 15 to 20 pounds, so it is hard to move the machine from one room to another room. To avoid this problem you have to choose a model with casters.
Remote Control: By using the remote control you can operate the device from any corner of the room. Some models like ‘Mi’ come with the phone app which acts as a remote.
Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR): The clean air delivery rate will be measured in m3/hour. This indicates the volume of purified air produced in an hour. The highest rating scores for smoke and pollen are 450 and for dust 400.
Along with the above things you have to consider Air Changes Per Hour, PM 2.5 and PM 10, Effectiveness of HEPA filtration, Air exchange rate, sensor and monitor, fan speed, and, ozone levels.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which air purifier is best in India?
Coway Sleek Pro air purifier is the best air purifier in India. It is designed with 3 filters. It can effectively cover an area of 355 square feet. It works with a clean air delivery rate of 303 m3/hour. The HEPA filter used in it easily traps 99.99% of bacteria and it can also remove as small as 0.1-micron viruses also.
2. Which air purifier to buy?
To buy the best air purifier for home, it should be with UV-C technology. Which can kill 99.99% of bacterial and viruses. The purification system should be with at least 3 to 9 stages.
Pre-filter, HEPA filter, and anti-bacterial filters must be included in it. The product with filter change indicator, power efficiency, and child lock.
3. Is it worth buying an air purifier?
Yes, it is worth buying an air purifier. The air purifier can remove allergens while they are floating air. It can remove harmful particles from indoor spaces, just like allergens, smoke, and mold.
In these COVID19 days, most of us are spending much time indoors. So you may be exposed to more indoor pollutants. To safeguard from these it is the best device.
4. How effective is the HEPA filter?
The HEPA filter is one of the essential parts of the air purifier. The HEPA filter can effectively remove most of the allergens, dust particles, pollen, and mold from the air.
The HEPA filter can capture 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns. If you want to improve your house or office air quality then you go for a true HEPA filter.
5. How much time should I run my air purifier?
You have to run the air purifier for at least 12 hours to get the best results. As the dust and airborne particles will circulate nonstop throughout the day you should run the air purifier for 24 hours.
The best air purifier in India 2023 is capable of snatching even the smallest contaminants from the room. These are the best home air purifier for allergies. Generally, these purifiers can be used in both homes and offices. The best air purifier for home sends the air in the room through multiple layers of filters and it blocks lint, pet hair, pollen, and dust in the air.
The charcoal filter used in the best room air purifier eliminates odors of smoking and cooking. So by using this product you can make your room germs-free and you can experience fresh and healthy air to breathe in.