You can cook the various dishes now peacefully with the best kitchen exhaust fan. The best brand kitchen exhaust fan provides you with proper ventilation and removes strong odours, fumes, heat, smoke and grease from your room, especially in the kitchen.
The kitchen exhaust fans are very useful for Indian cooking in decreasing the humidity level from the air and improve the quality of air. This is an important home appliance that should place in every kitchen, bathrooms and even bedrooms.
Kitchen exhaust fans avoid air-borne diseases and protect the members of your family by pushing out the bad air from your rooms. It also protects your kitchen walls and curtains by avoiding the grease particles and moisture from the room.
By using the kitchen exhaust fans in your kitchen, cleaning will be very easy because the kitchen does not contain any smoke or moisture. Let us discuss some popular brands of kitchen exhaust fans.
Best kitchen Exhaust Fan in India 2022
Luminous Vento Deluxe 150 mm Exhaust Fan for Kitchen
34% Discount Available
Usha Crisp Air 200mm Sweep size, 300mm Duct Size Exhaust Fan
14% Discount Available
Usha Crisp Air 150mm Sweep size, 240mm Duct Size Exhaust Fan
22% Discount Available
USHA Aeroclean 300MM Goodbye Oil and Dust Metal Exhaust Fan for Kitchen
2% Discount Available
DIGISMART 1600 RPM HIGH Speed 150 MM Pure Copper Motor AXIAL Fan
27% Discount Available
1. Luminous Vento Deluxe 150mm Exhaust Fan for Home, Office, Kitchen and Bathroom
Luminous is producing one of the best kitchen exhaust fans for Indian kitchens. It comes with the stylish design which matches the kitchen and keeps your kitchen cool, clean and smoke-free while cooking.
- It has a sturdy construction which ensures the longevity of the fan. The blades are aerodynamically designed for faster RPM.
- It comes with the 5 blades design, smooth and noiseless operation. Even at low voltages, this product gives optimum performance.
- It is made of using high-quality raw materials and rust-proof body. This is the best exhaust fan for bathroom also.
- The motor of Vento Deluxe comes with the 100% copper winding.
- It comes with the 150 mm blade size and runs with the speed of 1350 RPM.
- Luminous is giving 2 years of warranty on this product.
- It is designed with the dust protections shutters and blades are made of polypropylene.
- It consumes 30 Watts of power and the operating voltage is 220V – 240V.
2. Usha Crisp Air 200mm Sweep Size, 300mm Duct Size Exhaust Fan
Usha is one of the leading producers of the best kitchen exhaust fans in India. The sleek and stylish design of this product gives your kitchen an extra look.
- With this exhaust fan, you can experience clean, fresh and smoke-free cooking in your enclosed kitchen. It comes with the 5 – blade sweep size of 200mm and duct size with 300mm.
- The specially designed blades give higher air suction. You can use this exhaust fan for the kitchen and bathroom also.
- With the Usha exhaust fan for kitchen, you can experience whisper-quiet operation with the 1250 RPM.
- It comes with the lightweight design along with rustproof body and blades.
- This exhaust fan designed with the automatic back shutter for protection and safety.
- It consumes the 40 Watts of power and the operating voltage is 230V.
- Usha offers one year warranty on this product.
3. Usha Crisp Air 150mm Sweep Size, 240mm Duct Size Exhaust Fan
Usha is one of the leading company of manufacturing Kitchen exhaust fans for Indian cooking. By using this exhaust fan you can easily be getting rid of moisture, smoke, fumes and bad odour from your kitchen and makes your kitchen clean and fresh.
- It comes with the sleek, stylish and lightweight design.
- The specially designed blades give higher air suction and come with the 150mm sweep size. You can get 1-year warranty on this product.
- Usha Crisp Air exhaust fan comes with the automatic back shutter for safety and protection.
- This product is made of high-quality material and comes with rust-proof body and blades.
- You can experience whisper-quiet operation while running with this product.
- It consumes the power of 55 Watts and the voltage intake is 230V.
- It is designed with 5 blades and it runs with the 1386 RPM.
4. USHA Aeroclean 300MM Metal Exhaust Fan for Kitchen
The most important home appliance is Usha exhaust fan for kitchen which removes the oil, smoke, grease and moisture from your kitchen and provides proper ventilation.
- It makes your kitchen clean and keeps you healthy. It is manufactured with robust metal blades which are durable for long life.
- It is specially designed with sleek, style and light-weight to suit your modern kitchens. It also protects your walls from the strains.
- The metal exhaust fans are oil and moisture resistant, scratch and stain-resistant and remain good for a long period of time.
- These metal blades are easy to clean and are aerodynamically balanced for smooth operations.
- The powerful 100% copper motor is used to attain high air suction performance to perform efficiently.
- You can experience the whisper-quiet operation with 1325 RPM of 300mm duct size and is ideal for bedrooms, offices, stores, etc.
- This product is available with 2 years warranty.
5. DIGISMART 1600 RPM HIGH Speed 150 MM Motor AXIAL Fan
Digismart is one of the best brand kitchen exhaust fan specially designed for noiseless usage in the kitchen, bathroom, bedrooms, etc.
- It maintains good health by keeping away the bad odours, impurities and other contaminants and hence stops the formation of mould inside your home.
- It is extremely lightweight and the best solution to remove bad odours from the room.
- With its powerful suction, high-performance motor, high-speed technology and 150mm sweep, it performs better than a high-speed ventilating fan.
- It is equipped with thermal overload protection to protect during sudden voltage fluctuations.
- It is designed with a strong and aesthetic look and is highly efficient.
- Digismart offers 100% pure copper motor with 1600RPM high speed which is durable and performs efficiently.
- It is made up of three sharp blades that distribute the air uniformly without filling the foul smell.
- The kitchen exhaust fan price is perfectly reasonable and is available to medium class people too.
Kitchen Exhaust Fan Buying Guide
Benefits of kitchen exhaust fan
Kitchen exhaust fan have many advantages like
- It filters and sends out the moist air, steam, dust, warm or cold air from the kitchen or bathroom to prevent the growth of moulds.
- By the presence of exhaust fan in the closed kitchen or bathrooms, it controls the humidity present in that room.
- Sometimes a burnt of some small things are possible in the kitchen, then the smoke is released due to this burnt. The exhaust fan removes this strong smoke immediately.
- It protects the walls and curtains from being greasy or sticky.
- It consumes less power consumption.
- Exhaust fans need low maintenance.
- The heat produced from the running stoves is controlled by this exhaust fan and provides necessary ventilation especially during summers.
Features to consider while purchasing kitchen exhaust fan
There are several features to consider before purchasing the kitchen exhaust fan.
For a small to medium-sized kitchen of 10 x 9 x 8 cubic feet size, a normal 12 inches sized domestic exhaust fan is sufficient to remove the expelling smoke and fumes. Large-sized are used in restaurant kitchens. The exhaust fans used in industries and factories are larger in size compared to common commercial complexes or restaurants.
The two types of materials are used for blades manufacturing. Exhaust fans blades are made of either metal or plastic.
Choose the plastic blades which perform as the best exhaust fan for kitchen window for easy cleaning and maintaining. Because the metal blades get rusted or tarnished and need regular cleaning. The plastic blades do not face corrosion problem, do not corrode and is also cheap.
Number of Blades
A different number of blades are used in the different types of exhaust fans. Generally, 2 to 5 blades fans are founded mostly. The higher the number of blades, they would work well at low RPM and are highly efficient in removing the odour. So, always choose the fan with a higher number of blades.
Some of the exhaust fans with heavy motors proved to be noisy which makes trouble to all family members. Check out the noise level before purchasing and choose the fan with less noise.
Size of the Assembly
Choose the fan size according to your installation room size and its application were to use. It is better to take advice of electrician about the size requirements and prefer the appropriate size for your fan.
CFM means Cubic per Minute, it is the capacity of the airflow per minute. The best fan requires higher CFM, the best kitchen exhaust fan with a CFM of 50 to 100 and a sweep size of 200 to 300. The higher CFM delivers the best results. You can choose the fan CFM according to the size of the room. If the kitchen is small, it is sufficient to have lower capacity but the efficiency also varies according to it.
The exhaust fans external guard should prevent lizards, birds from housing the assembly and also should protect them when you switch on the fan. Addition to this, you should also prevent any dust from entering the house. You should choose the fan with above requirements which are available with automatic external guards.
Design and Colours
Choose the colour and design which is suitable for your interiors. The plastic body covers looks attractive and brings a new look to your kitchen.
The motor with more powerful with high CFM and sweep consumes more power and hence consumes more electricity. But the fan with more power runs more effectively. So, choose carefully and buy according to your need.
Different types of Exhaust fans
Different types of exhaust fans are installed in different places like window, wall or ceiling.
Wall-mounted exhaust fans are installed on the external walls or can be integrated on the design of the window. These fans are more effective than they can extract smoke air and pulls outside.
Kitchen exhaust fans are generally installed right above the stove. They collect all the bad odour and moisture level, expel outside and makes your kitchen pleasant. This is the best exhaust fan for kitchen window.
Exterior exhaust fans are similar to wall-mounted but do not make any noise inside.
Bathroom exhaust fans useful in removing all kinds of moisture that develops in the bathroom. These are the best exhaust fans for the bathroom.
If the external walls or windows are not available with a cut-out, then you can opt for a ceiling–mounted exhaust fan. They can install within the false ceiling and they need to connect to a duct to suck the indoor air and send it outside.
Some ceiling–mounted fans are available with light which provides extra light point to your room.
How to Install Exhaust fan
Let us know the process of kitchen exhaust fan installation.
Generally, the exhaust fan is equipped with a frame, motor, belts and blades. To install these, you require tools like pliers, tester, spanner, tape, and screwdriver.
First, you should fix the belts to the frame on 4 sides. Between these 4 blades, at the middle point, you should fix the motor carefully with nuts and bolts. Now using the pliers, make sure the bolts are fitted tightly and secured properly. Then attach the fan blades using the motor. Now to produce electrical supply, you should attach the motor terminal with a capacitor. All the parts are fixed and ready to install on the wall. Now, fix this exhaust fan using a drilling machine.
How to Clean Exhaust fan
Now let us know the kitchen exhaust fan cleaning purpose.
Different exhaust fans require different structures to clean them. The basic process of cleaning is the same for all types. That is
- First, unplug the wire that connects the fan with the power source.
- Detach the fan carefully from its place.
- Now unscrew all of the parts from sheath and mesh to its motor.
To clean the mesh,
- First, remove the mesh and place it separately.
- Pour the hot water through the filter.
- Using a face mask is must and should to clean in this purpose.
- Add ½ cup of ammonia to the 3-4 litres of hot water and soak the mesh in this mixture for some time.
- Remove, scrub the mesh and dip again
- Repeat this until all lint, fat and grease are removed
- Now, Wash them with cold water and let them dry.
To clean the blades,
- To clean metal blades, sodium phosphate cleaning solution can be used along with a secure face mask.
- The other process includes a soap and water solution and add ½ cup of ammonia to this. Add 2 tablespoons of baking powder and some amount of warm water to this solution and soak the blades in this mixture.
- Using secure rubber gloves, scrub off grease, dust and lint from the blades.
- Dip it again in the mixture and remove to scrub.
- Repeat the process until it removes the dirt.
- Soak it in cool water and dry them in a cool place.
For motor cleaning,
To clean the motor, you should not use water or anything moist. Just take a dry cloth to clean and canned air to spray and remove the dirt. You should not heat the motor in this process.
The cleaning purpose of kitchen exhaust fan requires excessive scrubbing to remove grease, dirt and lint. Use the solutions mentioned above to clean. If they do not work, try using more concentrated caustic chemicals using protective gears while cleaning. Clean the resting place of the fan also with a broom or a dry towel. After all of the materials are cleaned and dry, fix up the fan and reinstall in its proper place.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the top kitchen exhaust fan brands in India?
Luminous Vento Delux Exhaust Fan, Harvells Ventilair DSP Exhaust Fan, Usha Crisp Air Exhaust Fan, Orpat Ventilation Exhaust Fan, Sameer Air Exhaust Fan, and Crompton Brisk Air Exhaust Fan are some of the popular brands in India.
Do exhaust fans really work?
Yes, exhaust fans work efficiently. It removes odours, fumes, and moisture from a particular room and provides ventilation.
Where should a kitchen exhaust fan be installed?
You should measure 24 to 30 inches above your kitchen range to place the exhaust fan. Using the saw or drill cut the drywall according to the template given along with a fan. By placing above the stove, the fumes and heat produced will directly move out through this fan without circulating in the kitchen.
Which is the best chimney or exhaust fan?
Even though both chimney and exhaust fans can remove moisture efficiently from the room, the chimney has some extra features as it can also remove oil and grease particles from the room and keeps the walls clean by avoiding the strains of oil particles. The chimney is placed directly above the cooktop and extracts the oil and grease particles directly at the source which makes cleaning and maintenance easier.
What is the difference between the ventilation fan and exhaust fan?
There is no difference between the ventilation fan and an exhaust fan. Both of them are the same product. Exhaust fans provide proper ventilation instead of circulating the air like a ceiling fan. So, it is named as a ventilation fan.
Which exhaust fan is better plastic or metal?
The plastic exhaust fan has better advantages than metal one such as plastic fans are made of polypropylene which is more durable and weather-resistant, can cut into elegant curves easily, lightweight, cheaper, leak-proof, coloured, and are safe during installation.
How do I know what size exhaust fan I need?
The size of the fan depends upon the size of the room and the type of application the fan used for.
The amount of air required to best exhaust fan for bathroom is measured in cubic feet per minute (CFM). It should be at least 1 CFM per square foot of room area. To determine the perfect value, multiply the length times the width.
For example, if your room width is 6 feet and the length is 9 feet, then its square footage is 54. Then it should have a minimum capacity of 54 CFM rated fan.